Camden CoLab's Start Up Weekend For Women is a three-day workshop that helps you build a successful business. This is an event designed heavily by women to create a welcoming and encouraging space for aspiring women entrepreneurs in Southern New Jersey/Camden/Philadelphia. The weekend will follow a typical Startup Weekend schedule with some tweaking to best support female entrepreneurs. This is an immersive, 48-hour educational experience, NOT a conference and NOT a hackathon.
Startup Weekends in general have an imbalance with male-female participants: Most of them tend to draw far more male attendees than female (roughly 80% male and 20% female). This made us seek answers to the questions: Do women have a strong entrepreneurial network? Do women feel relevant and confident in the startup world? Who are the female entrepreneurial “champions” that we can point to as inspiration for others? For the first time in Southern New Jersey we aim to address and answer these questions. We want to increase women participation by 50% more, and encourage women to hone their creative and entrepreneurial talent in a safe environment that inspires risk taking and innovation.
We will provide you the working space, brain fuel, food, friends, mentors and loads of fun! All you have to do is come with your vibrant energy, creativity and determination to build something cool over the weekend. Bring an idea or just yourself. Join a team, and enjoy this exhilarating, adrenaline-buzzed three-day event!
Friday, December 5, 2014: Kick Off Reception 5-7pm
Cooper River Distillers, 34 N 4th Street, Camden, NJ
· Keynote speaker – Gloria Rabinowitz, Founder and CEO GCM Group and Managing Director, Golden Seeds Philadelphia Chapter
· Live sushi chef and local catering by Black Eyed Susan's
Saturday, December 6, 2014: Full Day Session 8:30am-4pm
· 8:30-9:30 am: Registration, continental breakfast & networking
· 9:30 am: Groups assemble
· 10 am: Speaker – Shoko Kato, Professor, Rutgers School of Business – Camden
· Interactive work group sessions with coaches and mentors
· 12-1 pm: Lunch
· Lunch Speaker – Ellen Weber, Executive Director, Robin Hood Ventures and Fox School of Business Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute
· 1:30-2:30 pm: Workshops
· 2:30-4 pm: Interactive work group session with coaches and mentors
Sunday, December 5, 2014: Full Day Session 9am-3pm
· 8:30 am: Breakfast
· 9 am: Open lab
· 12pm: Lunch
· Lunch Speaker – Lawrence Gelburd, Consultant and Lecturer, Wharton School of Business
· 1:30: Pitch off with panel of judges
· 2:30: Winners selected and announced
· 3 pm: Closing reception